Greenscape

Dean Forrester had the ultimate life. He had money, he had women, he never paid taxes and most of his days were spent playing golf and drinking for free. He was prepared to live out the rest of his days like this - until one phone call from home ruined it all.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

A Mild Concussion

"Why do I have a bag of peas over one eye?"

"Um. I kinda kicked you in the head."

"In the head?"

"In the head."

"Why did you kick me in the head?"

"It was between me and the door? I'm sorry."

"How did we get out?"

"Your head did most of the work. Did I mention I'm sorry?"

Dean started to pull his chest forward to stand, but everything turned into shadows again. "No, no" Sissy insisted, "Joy said you should lay flat. Keep talking stay awake. You probably had a mild concussion."

"You gave me a concussion?" Dean rested his head and the small speckled dots of the living room ceiling came into focus.

"Oh please, you talk like that's the first time."


Worries over pacing and word count seem to be going away. I think I can approach 25k with only dipping into the funeral scene that is coming in the morning and should finish Chapter Three. Three was originally going to be smaller, but the pacing with Dean and Sissy has proved otherwise.

Now that Harrison is starting to crowd back into Dean's life, I've got this great task of making the story still just about Dean and not about the town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home